Welcome to the world of Split Hand Darbuka!
Split Hand is a new style from Turkey that gives you beautiful sounds, speed and dexterity like never before.
After training with Bünyamin Olguncan Istanbul for the last nine years, Raquy created this course that makes this style accessible to all drummers. The techniques are broken down in a fun and methodical way into easily digestible sections with the help of videos, notation and mp3s.
This Method Includes:
- Video instruction and demonstration by Raquy and Bünyamin
- Introducing the Periodic Table of Sounds
- Bending, Sliding, and Muting
- New rolls such as Laughing Roll and Drunk Roll
- How to play the traditional rhythms using this technique.
- Meet Baby Dum and Dirty Dum
- Split Hand for Metal Drum
- Notation and videos of compositions
- Time Exercises
- Life at the Darbuka Ofis
- Etiquette in a Turkish Drum Jam
Bünyamin Olguncan is the source of most of this material. It is a real treat that in this course you see his beautiful hands demonstrating the techniques.
Raquy’s albums include:
Darbuka Magic, 2017
Monkey Mind, 2015
Bal Dudak, 2013
Release the Green Lover 2010Bewitched 2009
She has created 5 darbuka instructional methods:
Darbuka Method - 2018
Dumbek Fever IV - 2014
Dumbek Fever III - 2011
Dumbek Fever II- 2008
Dumbek Fever I - 2005